Wednesday, April 29, 2009

currently listening to....

....Craft Sanity ...and loving it! This is Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood's podcast/blog, and is full of inspiration, humor and sincerity. A great way to pass the time while folding laundry in a home with no television.

I've also been listening to the birds a lot, while fighting with the overgrown bushes in front of the house. I've suceeded in pulling them all out now, and am so anxious to get some native plants in the ground that will add some beauty to our home.

On a further gardening note, I've decided to turn a large area of the front yard into my vegetable garden. After spending too much time contemplating which part of the backyard play space I was willing to sacrifice for this venture, it struck me that we don't use the front yard for anything, and it's the ideal sunny spot to grow our food!

What's going on in your gardens?

4 comments:

Chanda said...

hi, allisa! i hope you are having a good wednesday....i just looked at angry chicken and soule mama! fun!!! later....

amanda jane said...

hey. my garden is tilled, full of compost and ready for seeds!!! just need to map out where everything will go. I love the way the dirt looks so freshly turned over and gloriously full of worms! contemplating cutting fresh basil in a months time! soon very soon my friend!

Anne said...

my garden is currently full of weeds but i did see the spearmint and peppermint from last summer -- in between all the weeds i scooped my fingers around their leaves and inhaled their sweet smell! hoping to plant some bulbs on the side garden...hoping i am not too late.

paige said...

i'm looking for a fountain put in my garden. i think i'm going for a zen garden rather than a vegetable garden this year.