Friday, April 13, 2007

declutter.


Last night we dropped Thelma off at my mom and dad's so we could have 2 uninterrupted hours of de-cluttering our house. We had to remove a truckload full of items that have been deemed "objects that might make our house unsellable". I can't believe we have this much stuff. STUFF. That we don't even use on a daily basis. Of course half of the truck was full of books that we dont' have shelf space for. Still, even half a truck of stuff is too much. My hope is that we can go back through it once this move is complete and maybe by then we will be able to narrow it down to a quarter truck of stuff that we simply must keep. My mom and dad have graciously offered up their THIRD garage as a storage unit, so at 10 o'clock last night, I drove the U-haul that chugs back to Hudson. Right now, it is parked outside on the street. And Thelma is running around without a shirt because she spilled water all over it at breakfast time. And I am sitting here having a cup of coffee. I don't sit and have coffee very often anymore. Usually I am running around the house, forgetting where I last set it down. On the days I actually think I need the caffeine I stand in front of my little espresso machine and do shots. I guess this is the life of a mother on the brink of picking up her whole life and moving to the country. (and working four days a week.) But this morning, I am taking a break. And as soon as Thelma's shirt dries, we are going to the park.

4 comments:

Anne said...

De-cluttering is such a process so I wish you the courage to get rid of stuff you just don't need. It is so hard though...

Glad you have a moment to sit down Allisa and enjoy your coffee. Remember when we would have a line out the door at Lawson and Phoebe would be "acting up"?! ha!

paige said...

so glad i came here to check. ahh, clutter. sometimes it makes me feel safe. other times it makes me feel sorta suicidal. i do miss those americanos at starbucks and seeing you everyday. closes, opens, clopens. sharing details before the rush starts about what we did the night before and a blueberry scone.

amanda jane said...

oh girls i miss those mornings at the bucks! waitng for the 63 on grand avenue. looking forward to seeing your faces everday....there will always be a place in my heart for that incredible summer we had together. it actually makes me ache a little longing for the time when we all had fabulous apartments near the river, off of summit ave., on cathedral hill....and always the 100 bucks in tips burning holes in our pockets so that we all thought we could afford fancy meals and wine, dinner parties, rooftop parties, parties at eddies....not to mention shopping on grand ave (anne). but the only thing that remains constant is that things will always change, and of course our friendships. love you all. and eleanor, I love reading your posts and can now relate to the lack of free time and caffiene. my iced coffee is sitting next to me on the bed stand, melting, leaving a big pool of water around it because i'm nursing avery and don't have a free hand to pick it up with....sigh....motherhood

Anne said...

I love BLOGS!!!!! Miss you all so much! Let's all work at Starbucks again - or...maybe just remember it. See you all soon. xoxo, anne