Tuesday, March 20, 2007


I'd like to buy a barn....and a creek (pronounced crik)....and a pond. a few sheep, maybe a horse. some chickens, a dog and a few cats who will have kittens in my hayloft. land where I can run free. I thought I was wanting to buy land so that my children would grow up feeling the freedom that space has to offer, but I'm realizing that's probably just an excuse to get me what I really want. I'm trying to learn that it is just fine to want things for myself. and I want this barn. A LOT. Its just a bit north of Rose Creek, Minn....about 8 miles east of Austin....and it is the barn of my dreams.
We have been working overtime in order to get our house ready to go on the market so that we can perhaps put a conditional offer on this barn, which, by the way, also includes a house with heat, running water, and a finished basement. nothing fancy. just a simple rectangular structure that would make it possible for me to wash my dishes while looking out at this barn.



3 comments:

Anne said...

oh allisa. this barn is just beautiful. i hope it all works out. we got an extension on our lease so at least we can breathe! so i am sending good luck vibes your way!

paige said...

oh eleanor! its beautiful!!!!!!!! i am so excited about this barn, because if the old saying me casa su casa holds any truth i might get to enjoy it too!

amanda jane said...

i meant to tell you how much i loved hearing the excitement in your voice as you talked about this barn. and to thank you and delip and thelma for coming down for dinner. i also heard that someone else has purchased this farm...which only means that it wasn't meant to be and you'll find an even more perfect farm for YOU and your family to live on and grow into. thanks also for posting about the maiden voyage. it was amazing wasn't it? and all because of my beautiful friends. thanks for being one of them.