Wednesday, January 02, 2008

our new year's eve was the most uneventful yet. i was in bed by 10pm....and woke up on new year's day feeling a bit sorry about it. but then, it hit me. its 2008. and i couldn't be happier to be back in an even numbered year. much less an even numbered year in which we get to elect a new president.

delip and i are celebrating 4 years of married life today. well, actually...i guess we celebrated yesterday and this morning. he, unfortuantely, had to be at work at noon. this afternoon, i treated myself to a pedicure and let some girl on you tube teach me how to do a basic smoky eye. i had limited tools and supplies, but it was kind of fun to do something for myself.





...and even if delip can't be here tonight, i feel so lucky to have thelma's company. a little part of him that follows me every where i go. she has become more and more like him lately...even looking less like me these days. and if that means that she will grow up to be as funny, unselfish and bookish as he is, then bless them both.

happy anniversary, husband.

2 comments:

paige said...

eleanor you crack me up. the smokey eyes are real pretty. happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne said...

you are so pretty allisa. i am so happy it is 2008 as well - even and eight, what more can i ask for?!