Wednesday, February 13, 2008

on my plate... in my head.

my breakfast...

in the meantime, Thelma refuses to eat anything at all for breakfast, unless it begins with mac and ends in cheese. its either that, or my tube of burt's bees. i really hope this is just a phase.

when i offer a suggestion that she doesn't agree with, her response has become, "i don't like you , mom." where did she learn that? another phase, i hope.

it makes me think a lot about my own phases. just like Thelma, i am still learning about my world...from the people i love and the experiences i embrace. i want to remember my phases, my secrets, my memories. i've tried to forget so many things....to make myself believe that they have been erased. but, i know they are there.....if i look closely, and make a wish to uncover them.

2 comments:

paige said...

you know what i love about you? you make breakfast. and coffee artfully and slowly and put it in a beautiful mug with a saucer when no one is watching. i don't even zip my purse up and if i do boil some water, i throw a tea bag in a glass jar and then spill it.

eleanor said...

and i love how everything you do is effortlessly aftful, deWees. you don't even have to try...you create beauty and leave a mark everwhere you go.